For a while now, I’ve been obsessed with skin care and making sure my skin gets the right nutrients every day. It wasn’t until I started using more hair products for wavy/curly hair that I actually paid attention to what they’re made of. I’ve been so focused on products without sulphates, silicones, and other harsh ingredients that I never realized that hair care products can also be just as focused on as skin care.
Last week I attended Schwarzkopf’s BC BONACURE event. This new collection of hair care products are powered by skin care inspired ingredients and effective technologies (such as peptides, hyaluronic acid, collegen, etc). Schwarzkopf’s BC BONACURE line has 9 different areas of focus:
- Damaged & Distressed Hair (BC REPAIR RESCUE) – High Concentration of Proteo-Lipids
- Colored & Highlighted Hair (BC COLOR FREEZE) – pH 4.5 Balancer Technology
- Normal to Dry Hair (BC MOISTURE KICK) – Hyaluronic Acid Derivate
- Mature Hair (BC EXCELLIUM Q10+) – Q10+ Omega 3
- Fine to Normal Hair (BC VOLUME BOOST) – Silicone Free
- Unmanageable & Frizzy Hair (BC SMOOTH PERFECT) – Amino Smoothing Agent
- Anti-aging Formula (BC TIME RESTORE) – Q10 and Nutrifiller
- Extremely Damaged Hair (BC FIBRE FORCE) – Bond Connector Regime
- Shine & Indulgance (BC OIL MIRACLE) – Marula Oil
I do dye my hair a lot, and as a blonde it’s very hard to keep the colour looking it’s best. When I left the event, I was able to grab the collection that would suit my hair best. I’m honestly more concerned about my hair’s texture than keeping the colour, so I opted for their BC Moisture Kick line for Normal to Dry Hair. My natural hair is wavy/curly and has a lot of frizz. Especially living in Canada with the weather all over the place, my hair and skin need all the moisture it can get! Luckily for me, Schwarzkopf also gave me their Color Freeze Silver Shampoo to help get the brassiness out of my hair.
So far, I’m really loving these products! Schwarzkopf has such high quality products that I would honestly continue buying their products even if it costs a little more. Their Color Freeze Silver Shampoo is the best purple shampoo I’ve ever used (but be careful if you’re a freshly dyed blonde – don’t leave it on too long or your hair will be purple!)